Thursday, September 30, 2010

Get well soon, my friend

"He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do
Drew walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe?
And there he goes, so perfectly,The kind of flawless I wish I could be
She'd better hold him tight, give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky cause..."

- Taylor Swift's Teardrops on my guitar

One question that cross my mind whenever i have the chance to visit a theme park, is how does this people making money out of something which scares people, and make them piss in the pants. Like "free fall" and roller coaster. To be honest, i will never spend that kind of money and you don't have to figure why.

Same goes to relationship. Even if it is scary and so unpredicatable, people still want to be part of the ride.

I have a close friend recently, who has another heartbreaking moment with her other half.

Again.

Her story, given a chance to be nominated in the Cannes film festival, i am going to bet to my very last piece of underwear i had for her to win the "Most twisted and turned" category, which is normally conquered by an Hindi movie.

As far as i would not understand the storyline of "The Matrix", this is totally at a much higher level. But her story taught me something which i would have already known for ages.

Every now and then, people come and ask me, "do you know what love means?"

Well, make no mistake, I am not a so called "Doctor Love". I don't really have a clue of what love really means. But i can tell you how it is like.

If you disagree with me is ok. People entitled to their own opinion anyway.

When you are in love with someone;

1. Even if you are doing your "business" in the toilet, you will think about him. (Admit it you do).

2. Waiting in line for McDonalds drives you nuts. But you will never have enough waiting for his sms. (Although there're always a time frame)

3. You tend to ask yourself, can we stay like this forever?

But bear in mind, not every love story ended with this.










It can be this...

Can be this...




or maybe even this...




The thing is, when times flies, the feeling fades away, arguments arises, you felt the other way around. You lose sleep, you lose appetite, you tend to hide away from people with only one hope:


It can cure your broken heart.

This is the part where you will find yourself asking the "If" and "why" question. But ironically, you can score an A+ in your Calculus exam, but not having a clue on a simple question as above.


To me, one thing is for sure. As soon as the love can come, it will leave as soon also.

Same goes to heartbreak. I always tell the very same thing. "Time will heal".

Lets not forget this:

"The pair of hands that wave goodbye to each other now, is exactly the very same pair hand that held you guys together once upon a time".

Pathetic eh?

To my friend, hope you will recover soon. We will always be there for you. Don't be afraid, because you'll never walk alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment