Friday, September 17, 2010

Goodbye Malaysia, Hello Vietnam

I remembered a friend used to tell me this. “You are not supposed to fall in love with the same person twice”.

I did not took his advice obviously. I used to fall for her at the very first sight two years ago. Fast forward two years later, here I am – it happens again.

Ho Chi Minh, you are such a wonderful city.



Make no mistake, I did not fell in love with this city because of how it looks like. Old buildings, chaotic traffics, language barrier, tips-beggar, all sort of stuffs that would have prevented you from shortlisting it as one of your holiday destinations.

But I did fell for the character though.

Because of its “true colour”.


Like a girl, sometimes it is not only about looks which is important. (I will blog about it next time, not here please).



A Fann-Wong look alike Vietnamese girl.

Ok back to the reason why I am here. My company has sent me for a business trip overseas this time. The difference is, I am not going to stay in the city throughout the trip. To be more accurate, my final destination will be in the middle of South China Sea, on board on a ship. (Or to the offshore engineers, we called it as the FPSO).

To the outsiders, basically it is a oil tanker ship parked in the middle of ocean to collect the oils from the platform, and process it on board before storing it.

In order to get there, I have to take a cab en route to the ferry terminal (USD 9) and then another express boat to Vung Tau City (VND 180,000.00) * RM1 =VND 6,200.
If you want to get there by taxi, it will cost you around USD 70++, depending on how kind the taxi driver were, or how good looking you are. (At least I think so).

When we hit the road, I was thinking. “This is *&^%*(* cool, same old city”.
I kept wondering if traffic lights in Vietnam is only for display purpose, or the Vietnamese just purely have colour-blindness.

No matter what it is, I am sure of one thing.

Vietnamese motor-bikers will definitely make Mat Rempit in Malaysia look like a sick chicken waiting to be sacrificed.

Looking at the city and traffics, catching a deep breath, I told myself. “Hung Yew, welcome back to Vietnam”.

No comments:

Post a Comment