Saturday, January 28, 2012

I Played, because i care

Ever since the glorious moment back in 2011, i have decided to quit futsal, literally.


Well, not to say i am quitting it altogether. I just wanted to focus more on the games of 11 a-side this year. Plus most of my futsal "kaki" has either retired or discarded their futsal shoe for good.

For those of you who can't distinguish the difference between futsal and football like one of my lady friend:

1. Futsal balls is a size smaller compared to the normal football.

2. Futsal court, well, is much smaller compared to a football field, eherm*

3. Futsal shoe is more like a jogging shoe, while football boots comes with studs.

4. Futsal required a much quicker passing and skillfull player, compared to football.


One day my friend just happened to call me and ask me to join a competition. It will be held early on a Sunday morning. You know i hate the idea of getting up early during weekend, and my immediate reaction was "Let me think about it first".


His reply was "Okay bro, just in case you changed your mind, this is a futsal competition for charity purposes. Really hope you could join us."

Futsal and charity? That sounds OK to me.

In my whole life i can hardly recall if i have done any charity to anyone, apart from picking up stray dogs from roadside and donating my money to the 4D organizations.

After a while, i decided to give it a shot.



The team was set up two days beforehand. And to me, some of the faces are really new to me.
That also means one thing. We have to "get to know" each other fast. Very fast. My philosophy is simple, if you want to join a competition, you better have the desire to win it.


But i guess my team mate has a different philosophy. They named the team, out of all names, the "Da-pao" FC. In Malay, means bungkus and go home.

It is quite funny though. But i guess the name did managed to gain some sort of popularity there, as we heard some of the spectators there giggling whenever our team name was announced.

End result? A couple of wins and losses, we are officially elmiminated from the group stage, despite having some impressive runs of results and come backs.

Well, what can i say? After so long out from the game, i struggled with the game! At a certain stage, i started wondering, if the way i am playing looked like a chicken learning to play football. It is really out of my expectation as i used to be good, real good in futsal before. But not on that day. I guess time has come to call for retirement.

Anyway, it is not important. We have had a wondeful day, having fun playing, knowing new friends and help some kids in the shelter home.

What more can i asked for? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment