Thursday, February 16, 2012

阿公走了

On the 12th February 2012, he left us.

My grandad passed away peacefully after saying goodbye to all of his son. Unfortunately, my dad could only heard the very last word from him via mobile.

All of us grandson used to call him "Ah Gong"- 阿公 all this while, especially myself, has been real close to him.



He used to teach me how to fish, beside the old wooden house by the river when i was barely 6 year old. He says "At least if you could not study, you can still become a fisherman".

But he knew he was wrong. His grandson is a straight As student for the next 9 years.

He never scold us, but always provide us with advise on how to be a better person in life. Never cheat, be honest and kind to everyone, he used to tell me.

He is a chain smoker and drinker, but always tell us not to be one.

When i am 15, knowing that he couldn't drive properly due to loss in sight, still insist to pick me up in his old car from my boarding school, just to make sure that i can spend over a weekend with him.

When i was in uni, knowing that he loved coffee, i brought him to Starbucks. Big mistake. Not only the coffee did not suit his taste, he thought that Starbucks cheated my money for overcharge on a single cup of coffee.

When i started work, on and off i will give him some pocket money of couple of hundreds whenever i see him. The last time i gave him, is the day i knew he contracted cancer, he cried in front of me for the first time in my life.

I still managed to visit him one more time after that, it is such a relief that he looked much better and healthier. He told me, "Faster get married while i am still around to witness your wedding".

I still remembered i replied him, "Don't have to worry, you gonna live for another 50 more years!"

Then it comes. Got a missed call and message from my mum one early saturday morning.


"Your 阿公left already".

I didn't cry. But deep in my heart i knew that i am gonna miss him badly.

阿公,do take care of yourself up there. All of us gonna missed you badly.

If you are bored up there, do surf my blog once in a while. Up there sure got Unifi one. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment