Monday, October 17, 2011

Be thankful at least once in a while...

There are times in my life when:

1. I envy those rich man driving past me in their BMWs.

2. I envy those big bungalows they are staying in.

3. I envy their lavish lifestyle where they could afford to travel around the globe.

Everytime when i think about this, a part of me felt like a complete loser.

This morning, upon waking up. While on my way going to the office, i saw an old lady picking up empty cans in a garbage bin.

I saw people who brave the rain with their motorcycle on their way to work.

I overheard the Indonesian cleaning ladies in my office telling her friends how she miss her children back in her homeland.

Thinking back, i am still a lucky guy. I have a proton car which had drove me all over the place, for works, for dates, for everything. I have a small apartment that i can proudly claimed as my own "home", without having to worry about renting other's people place to stay. And also, I still get to travel at least once in a year, be it on leisure or work purpose, without having to crush empty cans to buy the tickets.

Sometimes, we just have to be thankful, isn't it?

But in the same time, there's no harm to dream.

Like what Stephen Chow once said "Without dreams, whats the difference between you and a salt-fish"?


No comments:

Post a Comment