Monday, August 5, 2013

Selamat Hari Raya


 
I am proud to be a Malaysian.
 
Whenever I go travelling and people asking me where am I from, if I say "Malaysia" this is the most common answers i will get.
 
 
No.1 "It is a nice country! I love the beaches and islands but not the taxi driver though"
 
No.2 "Yeah, I love the foods there. People are friendly, but it is so unsafe to go out alone at night".
 
The most ridiculous one would be this when I met a white guy in Australia:
 
"I have heard of Kuala Lumpur, but not Malaysia. Near to Singapore, perhaps?
 

I should have replied, "I heard about Sydney before. But Not Australia? Is it somewhere near Philippines?"

NAH!

Rude taxi drivers who overcharges, robbery case, etc.

Sometimes I wonder, is there anything that we could do to change the foreigner negative perception about Malaysia?

Then on one fine day I found my answers.

It is not their problem entirely. Sometimes, what we, a truly Malaysian, do in our country, doesn't really help our case at all.

Every single time comes election, comes the festive season, there comes along the controversy.

After their rampant sex videos circulated on the internet, this couple came out with this and causing upsets to our Muslim friends.
 
 
 
And he said, "it is just a joke".
 
Then come another one video.
 

And she said "I am just showing people on how to clean myself and my dogs".

.............................

Do I have to post a video of myself showering and post it on to YouTube to educate people on the correct way to use a shampoo?

And this one, on top of my list.



What's wrong with these people?

To me it is just plain insensitive. Malaysia has been well known as a country that all the different races live in harmony with one another.

Lets keep this spirit going and ignore those childish act by some immature and retard people.

Sometimes I just feel blessed that I was surrounded by a group of multi racial friends and we were always having fun together whenever we have the chance to catch up. These childish act doesn't really affect our relationship at all.

Because, friendship is everything to us. Nothing else matters.

Last but not least, the main reason I am writing this article is, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my muslims friends and readers (You know who you are)

"Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir Batin"

Be safe on your travel way back home, take this chance to spend time with your love one and families.

Don't forget my Ketupat and Rendang ok?

:P




 

No comments:

Post a Comment