Sunday, July 3, 2011

A look into yesterday, today, and tommorrow

Here goes the weekend.

The past two weeks has been a hell for me. Luckily, i went through it, smooth, and cool as i like.


Not many people knew that i am holding 2 jobs altogether at one time.

If you have followed my blog, i am a full time engineer. Because of my passion, (and eherm* Money), i have decided to go into real estate industry to learn the trade, and try to gain some money out of it.

Well of course i didn't make myself into a rich man who wipe my ass with a RM100 notes overnight, but the moment of getting my first cheque from real estate is definitely (Wow) a fullfilling one. I was like a mad man smiling to myself walking down from the office. It is not a big amount, it is more of a satisfaction knowing that my hard work have paid off finally.

I came from a moderate family. We do not own big, fat mercedes or BMWs, or a super huge mansion by the beach witha gold plated toilet bowl. But my parents did well enough to feed all the kids through university, which is something i am really proud of them.

I still have a fond memories of N-years ago, my uncle even offered me his financial help to go study abroad. But of course, my parent declined his offer, knowing that i am their son and it is only their responsibility to make sure that they will be the one who will fork out the money for my education.

And it is, of course, overwhelming to see the joy in their eyes during my graduation day. (Sorry mom, i thought i have screw it up all together when i am getting a 1.94 GPA during my third year).

So, it has been 5 years since i have started working. Family business getting better, at least it is paying for their own oversea trips at least 3-4 times a year. They assured me they do not need my money when i offered them, as they always have enough. "Just keep it for yourself, we have enough for everything".

I bet i am a really lucky guy. I have a home, i have cars to travel around, i have enough for my expenses, and some time extra just for holidays.

But i guess, because i am used to be financially freed, doesn't mean i shall rest on my laurels.
Although my full time job is paying me enough, but i think i need some challenges. Try to get out from my comfort zone. Try to earn my own money like my parents did. The difference is, they have the pressure for my education, i don't.

Was doing a viewing yesterday, a lady walked into the home and have a look around on one of the house that i am selling. The look on her eyes, gosh, remind me of the day i am looking for a "home". And here i am, at a different side, as the real estate negotiator? :)

Hahaha. Time really flies.

Owner of the house: "Honestly, to me you are a really hardworking guy, a good kid :) Thanks for being so helpful in everything. "

"Thanks ma'am. I am after your commission anyway."

Both of us burst into laughter.

And oh yes, i definitely grew up.


1 comment:

  1. well...u really proud of urself...!!! but anyhow good job dude !!!

    ReplyDelete