Friday, August 13, 2010

Vows...

"I, Wong Hung Yew, take you, ____, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life. I, Wong Hung Yew, take you, ____, for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

Sounds familiar isn’t it?


But have you ever realize that, in that vows, the word “love” only came up once? While words as “worse”, “poor”, “sick” appearing more frequently?

I seriously believe a happily marriage couple is not made up of marrying with the person you can live with, but rather with a person you cannot live without.
In a marriage life, be it rain or storm, a couple shall hold their hands and walk through it together.

Nowadays we have seen so many broken marriages, why is this happening? Betrayal of trust? Boredom? Financial issue?

I have seen so many of my friends starting off their journey towards married life. But one question keeps haunting me till this very day. Have they really prepared for it? It is because it is becoming like a natural process, when you hit your 30’s, you are obliged to do that. For me timeline is not the thing that I am looking at. It is the preparation.

Preparing to love someone unconditionally no matter what happen.

Preparing not to take a second glance at any given time & place, when a cute chicks passing by.

Preparing to acknowledge that my wife is the “hottest” & “sexiest” babe alive on earth.

Preparing to prevent her from worrying about financial issues in our marriage life.

Preparing to give up weekends on boozes and boobs, happy hours, just to get home in time.

So, who will be the one going to fill in the blank on the marriage vow as above?

I will tell you when i have the "final answer".

To all the married couple friends of mine, please remember to tell your wife/husband how much you love him/her everyday.

To those unmarried couple, you still have time to go through the "training phases". As when the vows has been made, you should know that you have bloody well prepared for it.

1 comment:

  1. when u reach the level.. u will know the 'final answer' for why u wana married...hehe.. for me, i love my life now more more more...then single life =)

    ReplyDelete