Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Shanghai (上海 )

Here I am, preparing for another trip overseas.

 
 
 
The difference this time is I am not going on a holiday. I have a really packed scheduled for the 4 days 3 nights trip, with meetings, dinner and entertainment with 3 different group of people.
 
But this is going to be a special trip for me this time.

 
 


As a Chinese man, this is THE FIRST TIME I HAVE STEPPED FOOT IN CHINA!!!

Being the largest city in China, the population is about 24 million in the city itself. As for easy comparison, Malaysia has 30 million of people in total.

Shanghai can be best described as the Pearl of the Orient or the "Paris" of the East, just for your information.

When I went to Shanghai, it is not the vibrant lifestyle of the city that shocked me.

Not even the beauty of the Shanghai girls.

It is their traffic.

If you think the traffic jam in Kuala Lumpur is bad, traffic jam in Shanghai is ridiculous especially during the peak hours.

Well when I arrived in Pudong airport (Shanghai), I have my counterpart from Shanghai fetched me to the hotel.

For this trip, I chose a hotel right in the heart of the city called as the Paramount hotel. As for the pricing, it is at a slightly higher, but reasonable price at RM500 per night of stay.

It is not only because it is located in the town itself.

It is also because.




 They have a toilet which is about the same size of my room.

This is my room.


That comes with a simple living room.

 

To be frank, there's nothing to shout about their interior. I would think that my hotel in Krabi has so far listed as top of my list in term of accommodation.

Anyway I am not going to spend much time in the room. So, it is OK.

As usual, Chinese people are very friendly towards their guest. They will make sure they bring you to the best restaurant in town, have the best wine, and also have the best time of your life.

Shanghai-style cuisine.

That make you abalone looked like an anchovy.

 
What is a dinner without red wine. 

 
 
I am so blessed that I was not born as a vegetarian.

 
 
To be honest, I did not have much time to find out the name of each and every name of the dishes.

 
 
Apart from this one.
 

The "Xiao Long Bao" - Chinese dumplings.


Having arrived in Shanghai, basically the first day was spent with check in to hotels, shaked a few hands and having our dinner.

Next post coming up, a simple dinner which turn into a disastrous night.

I will get into details on the next post of their party scene in Shanghai.

Now I need to eat my dumplings first.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment