Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Iphone & Air Asia

It has been ages since i last travelled on an Air Asia flight.
Last week, i booked a one way ticket to Penang. My flight was scheduled to depart from LCCT at 09 55 am.

Well, i have the "standard" cab driver, i used to call him Chong. I have been using him for taxi services without failed for the past few years everytime i need to travel. His service, without a doubt, is first class.

He knew about the flight schedules ranging from Malaysia Airlines to Firefly. (Just in case you forgotten where you have keep your travel itinerary). He was like a bloody alarm clock that wakes you up whenever you overslept. (In this case, he called me for the 13th times before i finally pick up).

He has driven me in his Wira for so many years that he actually met my two different girlfriends, for two different trips, two different destination, on two different occasions.

The only thing that remain the same, he can talked non-stop throughout the journey.

We were scheduled to leave from my home as early as 730am, just to avoid the traffic jams (As it was a working day).

Only god know what has happened to me for that particular morning. Maybe i have stepped on a dog shit or something. The traffic was not moving at all and my watch was ticking away faster than the RPM of the taxi's meter.

By the time we reached the u-turn leading up to Kesas Highway (which is just barely 5 minutes away from my home) i noticed that we have taken 30 minutes more than it ususally does.

Well, my instinct told me something wasn't right, when this Chong guy was sweating and breathing heavily, cursing the traffic for that particular sunny morning. (He is normally not like that).

Well, cool as you like, i took out my iphone, remembered that i have downloaded an Air Asia apps, but which i have never utilize before. Because seriously, if Air Asia call center can't be reached 80% of the time, someone please tell me an apps came with chips and diodes can check me in to an airplane!

What if my battery went dead?

What if some FBI think i am a terrorist who bought one way ticket just to go and suicide bombing the Komtar building, then go on to blow my iphone off!

But i don't have a choice either, do i?

So, i did the unbelievable.

It is like trying to seduce a nun to make sure that she rape you.

So, this is how it looks like.

On the apps, i guess "Mobile check in", seems like can trust lah!



Within minutes after keying in all my flight details, it has been confirmed that i have checked in, and an email will follow suit.


Ta ma de.

Luckily i downloaded google mail into my iphone. Only then i realized, if you do not have an email account (which i think will be super ridiculous), Air Asia will also send you a back up in the form of sms.








And like doggy's poo-poo coming out from now where, i have this bar code which i am supposed to scan it at Air Asia Kiosk.







You know what, for that particular day, i felt damn macho knowing that i am not the average tom. (Who suffer from long queue at the counters).



I even have time to enjoy the McDonald's breakfast that morning.



So, dropped my luggage at the drop in counter, then proceed to departure hall. No problems, no hiccup at all!



Oh ya, did i tell you how the Chong guy reacted when i told him i have "check in" from his taxi?



Me: "No need to rush liao, i have checked in"



Chong: "Huh? You asked somebody else to check in for you??"



Me: " Yeah, Steve Jobs helped me to do that"



Chong: "Oh ok, should buy your friend a lunch"



Chuckled.*



No comments:

Post a Comment