Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cleaning & Memories

Yesterday was a public holiday again. So, i grabbed at the opportunity to do some "major" house-cleaning.

While sweeping and vacumming my place, i noticed at this very one corner, there's a small cupboard (or should i say, more like a drawer)in the guest room.

What i have least expected during the cleaning job is that i am not only picking up the dusts and rubbish from all over the place.

I have picked up some memories too.

1. Two "Totoro" dolls that i have bought for my ex-girlfriend. One bought before we are even together, another one after, winning it by exchanging 2-carton of can drinks i won from a stupid game @ fun fair.

2. A stack of pictures when i am between 17-24 yrs old with my "flambouyant" hairstyle.

3. My first watch which cost me more that RM200.00. A Casio brand which i bought during my uni time. (I think i bought it with my part time job money, as an assistant in a photography outlet).

4. My first Canon digital camera, as a gift for my graduation from my parents. (3.2 MP, consider very high tech liao that time). My parents was so glad that i managed to grab a univeristy degree certificate finally, after scare them to death during my 4th year GPA result. (1.89 from 2.00 passing marks).

5. Not to forget, my university degree certificate. You see, ever since i started work, i think i hardly display it to my potential employers. It was covered with dusts and spider-webs. Got it after spending so many years paying and struggling in a university. Just a piece of paper. Goddamnit.

6. A big birthday card i handmade for my ex, cos i have not had the money to buy her a "proper" birthday present during my university time. Well, i guess from the look of her face, (at least i think so too) it is the happiest moment of her life when she saw that!

It is funny when you tend to have new discoveries when you start to clean up the mess of your house.

And wtf, my vacuum cleaner has spoiled in the process. Gonna sue LG soon. For some reason it just stopped sucking, just like that.

Well, whatever past, is a past.

I took it all and chucked it into the rubbish bag, and threw it all away.

I don't buy it when people say if you don't leave the past behind, you can't face the future.

It is just that, you have a little more burden to carry along the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment