Monday, March 7, 2011

I am injured...by a p**&^ox

Click, Ping*, Slash! Blood oozing out non stop from my finger.

Read: NON-STOP!

It sounds quite like a real "MAN" now eh? But the problem is, if i were to tell you that i am actually injured by...

er...a postbox....

WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT????

Me neither! It would be the last thing that crosses my mind as the potential hazard in my daily's life!!!

My godness. And yes. The postbox cover just slashed my finger. You heard me. The bloody POSTBOX!!!!

Stop laughing ok.

During my secondary school time, i used to be in this MRCS (Malaysian Red Crescent Society). Ya, it doesnt sounds cool for a guy who would normally go for a more macho selection, such as
the "Pengakap", "Bomba" or "Kadet Tentera Di Raja" kind of club, we do have a proper set up with the club actively involved (and won) so many awards that actually we are used to be crowned as the "Club of the year" by the school principle.

Enough of the bullshits.

I used to have a basic certification of First Aid, it means, i can perform some so-called "Life Saving" first aid to a victim, while waiting for the presence of doctor.

I have won a national recognition award for my involvement in the community of MRCS Malaysia before too. Another two friends of mine has go on and graduated as doctor now.

(Well, medicine is just so not my cup of tea..yeah right)

So, of course i did not let all my "Basic First Aid" knowledge all goes to waste.

In First Aid, you don't neccesary need a basic first aid kit. We were always taught to be alert enough to pick up anything from your surroundings to "temporarily" stop the injury from worsened. Even if it means you need to go naked, be it! Life is more important anyway right?

And here you are, lesson #1 to stop bleeding from open wound. (Without First Aid Kit).

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




Tissue paper and a rubber band.

I think my mum will be damn proud of her son!

2 comments:

  1. wow...I am really proud to have a friend who get cut by his own mailbox!!!

    ReplyDelete