Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Irish Coffee

I remember reading up one of the book entitled "Irish Coffee" couple of years ago. However, considering the fact that i am not actually a big fans of romance storyboooks, this novel still make it ways into one of my top ten "books to read" list, apart from "four four two", "FHM", "playboy" (i was just joking) and majalah Ujang (I am sure i was just joking), August man's magazine, to name a few...

I am not trying to be one of those sentimental bastards, but reading the "Irish Coffee" does actually brought me into the whole new imaginative world. And i am not gonna summarize the whole storybooks here, just try to get to the bookstore and grab one (chinese version) and read it yourself.

The affection for a taste of Irish coffee has come to an extent where:

I found myself trying to find the word "irish coffee" on the starbucks menu, and even in "Hou kei" Kopitiam.

Things get worsened when i found myself trying to mix Chivas with Nestle 3-in-1 coffee.

Then the rest is history.

Now that I even log on to wikipedia just to find out on how actually an irish coffee was made.


Finally i found this piece of article on Wikipedia.

"Black coffee is poured into the mug; Whiskey and at least one level teaspoon of sugar is stirred in until fully dissolved. The sugar is essential for floating liquid cream on top.
Thick cream is carefully poured over the back of a spoon initially held just above the surface of the coffee and gradually raised a little.The layer of cream will float on the coffee without mixing. The coffee is drunk through the layer of cream. "

Sounds pretty easy huh?

So which means,

I would need few items:

1. Coffee powder from Tesco
2. Whiskey - maybe Hennesy VSOP
3. Sugar (easy, i already have it)
4. As for layer of cream..urhm...maybe i need to ask one of those starbucks guys

Then i guess it will be served best during rainy days.

Not a bad idea to utilize my new toilet more often than before.:)

Who want to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment