Monday, June 24, 2013

Welcome to "Asia's World City"

My palms were sweaty, my heartbeat was fast. I almost couldn't feel my leg anymore.

No, i am not running in a marathon.

Welcome to the land of "Asia's World City" - Hong Kong.



"Expect a lots and lots of walking". That's what my friend told me prior to our departure. Honestly in my heart was thinking how bad can it be since i am a well-trained footballer/athletes all this while.

I was wrong. DAMN WRONG.

Hong Kong is a really crowded and big city. This is what we normally saw in those drama from TVBS.



This is what i managed to capture from my camera. (Real Time).



Just check out the crowd. This photo was taken on a bloody Tuesday afternoon! The question is, why you all like no need work on Tuesday one??

During this trip me and my girlfriend took Cathay Pacific instead of Air Asia although it is slightly more expensive.

Why?

Apparently, a slight luxury was not a bad choice after all.

I don't think Air Asia have this.




1. On flight deck entertainment.

2. Free 20KG luggage allowances.

3. Free Meals.

4. Free Blankets.

5. Alcoholic Beverages.

6. Comfort of checking in and pre-departure. (*Cathay airline terminal was in KLIA)

Upon arrival in Hong Kong, not only i was in awe of the scenery from the plane.


My jaw dropped even further when i saw this.


Holy-Cow.

They even have wi-fi on the bus!

We took a bus from the airport to the hotel in Mongkok City center since we have booked a hotel in that area earlier. (Approx RM36 one way)

When you are in Hong Kong, one thing you should never forget to purchase.

Even Leslie Cheung also have one.


The "Octopus Card". Please don't ask me where they get the name from.

(I swear i did not put it there :P)

It is like touch and go card that we had in Malaysia. But the difference is, you can't buy something from 7-11 using a touch n go card right?

But in Hong Kong, anything is possible.

Having an octopus card in hand also means you can go anywhere in Hong Kong without have to worry about long queue for tickets.

Well as far as the accommodation goes, people used to say hotels in Hong Kong generally is really small and a bit pricey.

However, i would strongly recommended you to check out The Lodgewood Hotel by L Hotel.
(Price: Approx RM 380 per night).



A little overview of this hotel.

The exterior.



The Lobby.



The "me".


The Bathroom.





I must say this is one of the most comfortable bed i have ever slept on.


View from our room. (15th Floor).


This hotel is surrounded by a lot of amenities. Mongkok MTR station is just two blocks away, shopping centers, hawker centers, HK version of petaling streets, etc.

Overall remarks? Super-convenient.

So, after we checked in immediately i told my girlfriend that we can have a half day walk around the city since we still have plenty of time before dinner.

In the next post, i will talk more about those places we have visited.

Stay tuned!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment