Thursday, June 27, 2013

Walk.Shop.Eat.

Avenue of Stars, Hong Kong.



The Avenue of Stars is a HK$40 million project financed by the New World Group. The project is supported by Tourism Commission, Hong Kong Tourism Board, Leisure and Cultural Services Department, and the Hong Kong Film Awards Association Limited.



This is also the place where the "symphony of lights", where the colored lights, laser beams and searchlights perform in an unforgettable all-round spectacle synchronized to music and narration that celebrates the energy, spirit and diversity of Hong Kong. There are five main themes: Awakening, Energy, Heritage, Partnership, and the finale, Celebration.

But honestly it is a real disappointment. Why?

1. The "symphony of light" show is not as interesting as what I am expecting.
2. The place were so crowded that I can't even check out those celebrity handprints on the floor.

So we proceed to have a drink at a place called "Eyebar" at the I-square.

This is the best place for chilling out with your friends and love one, located at one of the highest point of the I-square building, the bar overlooks the entire Hong Kong night view.




The night view was just, spectacular.

How can you miss out on a view like this with one hand on the beer, and pretty lady on another?

Now come the best part where all the ladies will go ga-ga.

SHOPPING.

Welcome to The Citygates Outlet.


Basically this is the place where you can find all those outlets for branded stuff.






But honestly speaking, after 3 hours of shopping, I only managed to grab 4 t-shirts from the Giordano's for HKD 180.

Not sure if it is my age catching up or rather their design isn't really that tempting.

Based on my experience with Esprit's outlet from Australia and Hong Kong, the design (I re-emphasize) is really ugly and out of date.

No wonder so cheap.

To get there, you have to take a MTR and stop at "Tung Chung"(Lantau).

Not a bad place for shopping though (If only your pockets are real deep). You can find almost every luxury brand like Coach, Armani, CK, etc. here.

As for guys, you may consider to go Macau from Hong Kong.

(You may leave your wife/gf at the outlet, they will be safe there don't worry).

In Hong Kong, The Turbojet company provided the speed boat services to and from Macau every single day.




One way ticket cost approximately at HKD 180 per person.

Why Macau?

Gamble la...


I am not really a big fan of gambling actually.

Don't get me wrong. I love gambling. But not to a stage that I would end up with underwear en route back to Hong Kong.

Well, even gambling in The Venetian Macau only means nothing more than an experience to me.

I won HKD 150 on this trip by playing Blackjack and I guess that should be enough.

So I use that to get a personalized magazine photo from the Manchester United shop within The Venetian. (HKD 80 per piece)

If you are a Liverpool fan, sorry. We can still be friends even though we knocked you guys out to be the most successful English club in the history of BPL.:P



If you are in The Venetian, remember to pay this place a visit.



The Lord Stow's Bakery and Cafe.

They have the best Portuguese egg tart I ever taste before in my life.

Now I felt like the Malaysian's tart tasted like "roti kosong".

If people asked me next time if I ever wanted to come back to Macau again, I would love to tell them that, yes, for the sake of the tarts, yes I will.

And when you come to Macau, almost 99% of the people will take this photo.


Including myself.

I wonder why did people would spend some much time and energy just to take photo with a piece of this wall.

They called this "The Ruins of St. Paul".

I called this "A Waste of My time".

But as the matter of fact, if you do not visit this place while in you are in Macau is as if you never visit KLCC when you come to KL.

With that, it pretty much sum up for the two days in Hong Kong and Macau.

Did I left out anything?

Oh my Holy Cow! I left my girlfriend at the outlet!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment