Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Loss of QZ8501

2014 was a tragic year for aviation industry.

MH370 case came as a surprise and hit the news headline for quite a while. Then, the MH17, shoot down. Which I would say, just pure bad luck due to the theory of "mistaken identity". (which we still couldn't confirm to date).

Then on a lovely Sunday morning in December while I was having lunch with my family, I received a newsfeed from a foreign media on Facebook indicating that an Air Asia flight has lost contact during its flight from Indonesia to Singapore.



Compared to the two previous incidents, this time I would say I am one of the "first few" people who received the news. To be honest, I still think it could be a Hoax or mistake.

But when The Star news published the incidents (about an hour later), I knew the unbelievable has happened.


I believed many people would have the same reaction as me. Total disbelief. Then when the feeling started to sink in, then come the feeling of sorrow and anger surfaced. Then again, come the questions of what went wrong, conspiracy theories,  and many more.

I used to travel quite a bit by air and honestly, although the fear of flying does exist naturally (for me especially), I have never doubt that air travel is still one of the fastest and safest travelling mode in the world today


(Picture taken from one of my flight back to Malaysia from Shanghai, China)
 
 
As expected, the news channel on the television for the next few days were flooded with the news of the disappearance of the airliner.
 
Theories after theories was unleashed, the so-called "experienced airline pilot" interviewed on their opinions, updates on the current SAR (Search and Rescue) operations were like the "7-11", non-stop over the next 24 hours.
 
Then came the phenomenon which I have expected. That happened almost every single time we have lost an aircraft. The "cameo" appearance on the different type of "Social Media persona" especially on the Facebook page.
 
 
The first group, the "Normal" people.
 
 
This group of people offered prayers and word of support to the family and friends of the victims on the missing airliner. Like most of us who can't do anything apart from offering our moral supports and prayers to pray for the safe return of their loved one.
 
The second group. I called this group the "I-see-what-I-post-what" kind of people.
 
The main criteria of these lots are those who just "like" and "share" whatever that crossed their path without thinking twice.
 
 
Like the one who posted the abovementioned pictures from a different incident, to co-relate to the QZ8501 accidents.
 
This would be the same group of people that if (I say IF) you tell them that the QZ8501 was down due to the pilot "went out from the aircraft to take a smoke in mid-air", they will immediately buy your stories, and then share in on their Facebook, write on their Twitter and wrote a 10 pages of blog post on their website.
 
Then, the next group, the "Expert" one.
 
This group of people could came from the different kind of background, from aviation experts, pilots, science professors, stock broker, secondary school students to the butchers.
 
Personally I am not too worried about this group.
 
 
Everyone of us (you) are entitled to your own opinion. It is fine for me as long as you don't claim that you are an expert and says something without any base evidences.
 
The last group, the one is classified as the "classic" one, surprisingly this does not appear this time.
 
Or should I called it as the "VIP Clown Club". That managed to hit the box office from the media from all around the world.
 
 
 
From what I have gathered from a reliable source of news. Apparently in the case of QZ8501, some of the "Bomoh" or medium has declared that they will offer the help of the government asked for it.
 
And based on their humble opinion, the plane has ended up in the seabed. (At the time of writing, part of the wreckage have been found on sea, and the sonar technology has detected that most likely the wreckage could be found on the seabed".
 
As for this guy? This is as much as he can do or say from his "Magic Carpet" stunt show.
 
 
 
1. "I will slap him like a crocodile" on Khairy tweet calling him an "embarrassment".
 
2. "The plane is either in the air, or in the sea" - WTF...better don't say anything..

3. "The plane was held by some "spirits", and I am trying to free them" - .....(Speechless)

In the end, the plane was still missing. The only thing is the new found status and popularity for him on YouTube, Android apps and etc.

But joke aside, hopefully 2015 will be a great year for everyone. Especially for the aviation industry.


 

Every now and then, when I saw a plane flew over my head, it is like a second nature to me now that, I, will always mumble to myself.
 
"Have a safe flight guys. See you on the ground".
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment