Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Why Malaysia will never win Thomas Cup

Malaysia’s success in winning the Thomas Cup 22 years ago against Indonesia has not faded from the minds of the public.


Fast forward to 22 years later, finally we have some reason to cheer upon our national badminton team, for breaking through to the Thomas Cup final of the year 2014.

For those of you who doesn't know what Thomas Cup is all about, it is the "UEFA Champions League" title in the world of badminton.

(One is using foot-BALL while another one using shuttle-COCK)



I was on my couch watching the finals unfold together with my wife and my youngest brother.

I must admit that I am lucky not to have a faint heart as the fight between Japan and Malaysia was indeed a very close one.

As predicted, our Dato' Lee managed to clinch the first point for Malaysia. Followed by the Goh-Tan double pairs.

All Malaysian needed was another point for them to bring back the much coveted trophy.

Guess what? When the last Single player, Daren Liew came up in the title decider match, somehow I knew that Malaysia will never win this one.

Not because Daren is not as good.

Not because he did not posses the fighting spirit.

Based on my analysis and findings, this is the main reason that why Malaysia will never win the Thomas cup.


If you asked me why, remember this?


So, u think Daren Liew stupid one ar?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment