Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Tattoo

The original meaning of the word "tattoo" actually came from the Polynesian noun tatau, meaning "puncture, mark made on skin."

Note that at the time of writing, I am not a really big fan on tattoo, nor did I have the intensive knowledge or background on the culture of tattoo itself. By all means, it is just my own personal view.

So, from my point of view.

Tattoo can make you looked like a "man".

 
Or make you looked like a total retard.
 
 
To be honest I would love to have one on myself. But coming from a rather conservative family, it is not a good idea to provoke my mum and get her go mentally insane.
 
But I did once before, just to test my mums reaction.
 

A Henna Tattoo/Fake Tattoo when I was in Boracay island.

That's when I get to realized that it is not my mum's cup of tea.

That is exactly the first time I felt my life was threatened by my own parent, when my mum  told me "I am going to cut off you limbs".

So I guess I wouldn't take the chance.

Last week a friend of mine who is a big fan of tattooing mentioned that he is going to get a Liverpool FC "YNWA-You'll Never Walk Alone" tattoo on his chest.

He has done a few before, so it was not his first time. But as the beginner, I tagged along with him just for the sake of curiosity.

 
 
To be honest, before the session, he looked like this.
 
 
"The Rock"
 
Once the session started, he looked like this.
 


 
"The-Real-Rock"
 
During the session, it took him more than 1 hour to decide on the font type of the slogan and the exact location of the tattoo.
 
Then only I realized that in order to do a tattoo on your body, it is going to be a life-long commitment.
 
It is not something drawn by crayon or pencil, non of the eraser in the world can make it goes away if you have any regrets in the future.
 
 
 
After a gruelling couple of hours...
 
End of the day, the tattoo looked like this.


 
And his face, maybe would have look like this anyway. (I left earlier before the session ended)
 
 
With all the blood drained from his face.


This friend of mine have the idea of tattooing the Liverpool logo if they won the premiership this year.

But the goal from Dwight Gayle in the 88th minutes maybe also means that he need to postpone his plan.

Or maybe a different kind of Liverpool tattoo.

The Liver-bird (Angry version).







 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment