Monday, October 14, 2013

The real meaning of marriage

When I was a 27 years old I used to tell my friends that I am not really into all this "marriage" kind of game.
 
At that time, I have a stable job, a good full and part time income, a humble but decent roof over my head, everything seems to be perfect and well in place.
 
Then as time goes by most of my closed friends start to get married and starting their own family. All of a sudden that I knew that actually I still lack of one more thing in my life - My own family.
 
So I did this.
 
Bought a ticket to Hong Kong with the "intention" to celebrate her birthday.
 
 
Then the rest is history.
 

 
Many of you would love to know (I presumed) that how did I proposed to her? It is really nothing to shout about. Just a simple "kneed-down-and-ask" kind of standard procedure.
 
Well, I am really not those kind of guy who can actually came out with this super-duper idea of wedding proposal and have it recorded and uploaded on to the Youtube.
 
My principle is very simple.
 
Marriage is really not about the way you propose, but it is about how you going to maintain the relationship throughout the rest of your life together as a husband and wife.
 
A lot of my friend happened to be in the state of "shocked" when they heard about the news,
 
 
They thought it was a prank.
 
Anyway I am pleased to let you know that the game has just started. This is when normally the couple's relationship will be tested to the limit at times.
 
For some reason we, the Chinese, really need to put in a lot of efforts in order to get married.
 
1. We need to choose the "auspicious" based on the birthdate to carry out the wedding ceremony.
 


 
Sorry to say that I am not really a believer in all this kind of nonsense.
 
I really do not believe those things like "oh sorry, just because you are born on this date, you should be married on this date".
 
"You mother year of birth is belonged to Monkey, so and so date better not getting married, as this will effect her".
 
As for my sister? Even better. "Alamak gor!!! (Brother in mandarin). Why you choose your date when I am supposed to fly to Hong Kong for holiday!!!!"
 
 



Because of this nonsense, instead of having 365 days in one calendar year to choose from, I was only "allowed" two dates for marriage.

And you know, with such a limited date then it comes the problem of getting the ideal restaurants/hotel for the wedding reception.

It is very straightforward, if the price is right, the place would be cramped. If the place is nice, you can basically kiss your wallet and credit card goodbye.

2. My dream wedding reception place. (Setia City Convention Center).

 
As for this place, even if you have the money, (Priced from 1,288++) the place has already fully booked. So we have to forego the plan and look for other options.
 
Because of the "nonsense"-lah!
 
3. Then, there comes the pre-wedding photography session.
 


As for the pre-wedding photography packages, we were quite lucky to be able to strike a very good deal with Moco Bridal Gallery, a well known bridal house located in Puchong.
 
We booked our package right before the bridal fair. for more info, please do check out their Facebook pages.
 
4. Then, comes the engagement ring. (Please note that the proposal ring is one thing, and the engagement ring is another).

 

Trust me, even choosing a ring also was not as easy as we thought at the first place. At the time of writing, I have chosen mine and my fiancé still looking for hers. (After surveying more that 5 shopping malls and 7 different outlets).

This is just part of the "need to do list" that should be completed by end of this year.

 Me and my fiancé would love to get all this things done before our wedding reception next year.

So in reality, marriage is not really only about two person get into the JPN office, sign a paper, then pronounced as husband and wife. It is much more that that.

And certainly, like all the couples, over the past couple of months we do have some disagreements and arguments over some of the issues like the wedding reception places, places to take pre-wedding photos even down to what should we wear during the photo-shoot!

But I really don't mind.

Especially when you are supposed to get married to an angel.



Everyone say Hi to Renny!

(Photo taken on the day she said "Yes I Do").





 

2 comments: