Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Days Without My Laptop

All of us need computers or laptop nowadays.

 

Or at least, a phone that comes with the "smartphone" features, emails, chartrooms, etcetera-etcetera.

The world has definitely become much smaller nowadays. Take an example. You may not meet your friends for the past 15 years, but yet still able to keep in touch with them with a "Like" on their facebook status and photos uploaded.

 
 
The reason I have been away from blogging is partly due to the fact that my laptop has suddenly crashed on me.
 
 
I was in the office one afternoon, preparing for the days work and suddenly the laptop just wouldn't power up.
 
With a degree of electrical and electronic engineering from my 5-years burning the midnight oil in university, somehow I think I can fix this, not a problem.
 
When problems come, we give solutions. (Sometimes based on god-damn instinct too).
 
 
1. The power cord extension is not working. Change to the main power socket.
 
2. Main power socket is not working. Change to main power socket no.2.
 
3. Main power socket no.2 also not working.
 
Feel a bit "du-lan." (Pissed off in Chinese).
 
 
4. Maybe my battery charger has gone. Worst case change a new one. (Cost RM 100 per pc, still ok I guess).
 
 
So i drove all the way to sunway pyramid and show it to the computer technician.
 
 
"Well I think is either your motherboard has ceased or your power supply circuit in the laptop has burnt".
 
Well I am not a computer expert, but judging from his face and the jargon he blurted out during the conversation, well I know I won't come cheap.
 
 
"RM 400."
 
 


My face turn into a over exciting cat.

"And we need at least 1 week to repair".



WTF!!!

How would I update my blog!! How do I check and reply my emails to client??

Honestly I almost bought a desktop right away on the spot.

"Do you have a desktop on sale?"

"Yes we do"

"Can play FIFA?"

"Yes, with additional graphic card. All in all RM 2,500.00 with a BIG MONITOR"

"How big?"

"19 inch"

"Yeah right f**k off" (Inaudible, in my heart)

"Just get this laptop repaired as fast as you could".

After 5 days, which is today, I managed to get my laptop back.

Thank god.

Life without computers can be really.....

Please pray to god I don't have to go through it anymore.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment