Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tamarind Springs

My wife used to describe me as a "boring" type of guy. Example?
 
One of my everyday favourite lunch agenda, almost without failed would be the traditional Chinese "zap fan" (mixed rice).
 
So one day out of the blue when I told her I wanted to bring her to "somewhere special" for dinner, the look on her face was just priceless.
 

It was as if I was telling her that we are going to fly to Dubai for dinner and come back on the same day.

So, it was actually a recommendation from a Dutch friend, an expat who live in Malaysia. Being Dutch, sometimes I just wonder when he meant "the food there is super lovely", also means that "it is not spicy like sambal belacan".

Well I thought just give it a shot.

So I went to this place, called Tamarind Springs. The details of the restaurant is in their website.

http://www.tamarindrestaurants.com/

I failed to take loads of photos from this place, which is a disappointment of having my waze turned on and drained my battery while looking for this place.

As a matter of fact, it is not far from the Ampang International School. Yes, in Ampang.

When you arrive, there will be a free parking spot which is taken care by a security guard who will walk you to and from your car as the measure of your personal safety. (Or make you feel like a VIP).
 
 
 
 
I have been warned that the price of the foods are "not the cheapest in town". So we started off with 3 dishes + 1 soup and 450ml of wine and see how it goes.
 
And my goodness. It was the best fish I ever had in my entire life.
 
 
 
My wife, enjoying her glass of wine.
 
My wife, if I could compare her to someone, it would be like the Simon Cowell from the American Idol.
 
Always critics about the food, always critics about the price, almost about everything.
 
So I was taken by surprise, when I took my credit card out and paid RM354.00 in total for this dinner all she said was "It was cheap!"
 
So it is my turn.
 
 

 
As for the environment, it is definitely a place for you to bring your first date to impress her. The place was absolutely romantic and quiet, and you can chat away peacefully without any noises and interruption.
 
Out in the terrace area, it was surrounded by trees and little view of the KL city landscape. You will feel like as if you are having dinner in the middle of the jungle.
 
Only difference is, you don't have to worry about tiger popping up from somewhere.


 
 
It was such a nice and romantic dining experience, when I immediately noticed that a couple about a table away from us was actually kissing each other. (My phone no battery, so don't ask about the picture please).
 
So guys, go to their website and check out their offers.
 
There is one in the KL city centre too, which is called Tamarind Hill. So do not get confused by that.
 
Heard that it is the same concept, but I have never gone there before so I reserve my comment on that one first.
 
Just make sure you bring your credit card along.
 
And do not do this stupid face when you got your bill.
 


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment