Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I AM A GENIUS

Last year i bought a new vacuum cleaner.
 

 


So cleaning up the home is no more a pain in the ass.

Indeed, having a vacuum cleaner did make my task much more easier.

But on one fine day, suddenly this machines stopped while i was half way vacuuming my living hall.

My first thought was "oh no, not again".

It is because i have the habit of buying the LG brand. Affordable, good looking but always have the risk of breaking down much earlier compared to other brands.

My initial plan at that time was to send back the vacuum for service and repair. But the shopkeeper told us that since the warranty has expired, i would risk spending more repairing on it compared to buying a new one.

And thanks to my busy schedule, this vacuum cleaner ended up in my store for more than one year.

Then, come one day while i was ironing my working attire, while looking at my iron, something crossed my mind.

So let me tell you the story.

When i was a university student, my parents and my uncles and aunties used to ask me what did i study in uni.

When i said electrical engineering, the expression on their face is...priceless...

"My TV got smoke come out ler...what happen ar?"

"My radio couldn't work, can you fix it?"

"My dog died, can you help? "

WTF.

My mum even better. One day when i was shitting in toilet, (Note: SHITTING). She put a table fan outside the toilet door and say.

"Fix this table fan. We pay so much for your study already, if you can;t fix it, you might as well drop your studies and work for your dad".

My ego just couldn't take it.

So i went out, grab the fan, plugged it into all the sockets in the house. Nothing works.

I was so pissed with myself and started asking "what is the purpose of studying engineering when i can't f**king repair a table fan".

All of the sudden, somthing crossed my mind.

The fuse.

Yes THE FUSE!!

Grab a new fuse from the nearest store for 50 cents, plugged it in, and the blade started to turn.

Honestly at that moment, i felt like i am the superman.


I can't stop smiling until today, after 10 over years when i try to remember my parents face expression when i gave them back the fan, working fine again.

When they asked me how did i do it?

With the super LanSi face...

"I am a genius..thats all".

This is exactly what i did after 10 years down the road.


I changed the fuse, and everything starts to work again.

So, when my GF asked me the same question, guess how i answer her back?

I bet you guys know.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment