Thursday, November 8, 2012

Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary

When i travel, i love to take pictures.

Especially those funny and weird ones.

Like this.



Welcome to the Wildlife Currumbin Sanctuary.



Before we embarked on our journey to Australia, one of the most exciting prospect is to be able to meet up with Mr. and Mrs. Kangaroo.

After hours of researching on the internet, we decided to pay the currumbin wildlife a visit. I can't really recall the price though, but it is quite affordable, around AUD50 per adult if i can remember correctly.


Like i said, take a bus. We arrived at 10.30 in the morning, and the crowd was still manageable.

As the first timers, we were confused about where to start.

So we decided to follow the crowd and we ended up at a small "train station".


I was quite dissapointed at first, how on earth i could get near to the Mr. and Mrs Kangaroo if our movement were only limited on the train?

I have been dreaming about feeding them with my bare hands for the past one year and all i got is just a glimpse of the animal from a bloody train?


Apparently it was not.

In this place, a timetable was laid out to every visitor.

Time to feed the bird. Time to watch the snake show. All you need is just shut up, board the train and go with the flow.

Something funny caught my eyes when i boarded the train.


"DO NOT JUMP OFF MOVING TRAIN".

Bloody hell, it WARNED ME NOT TO JUMP OFF THE TRAIN!

I felt like James Bond.

Just imagine that i saw a crocs, and i got excited, jump off the train, wrestle with the crocs, and come back on to the train unscatched.

Sounds cool though.


And you know it is special when Air Asia also occupy one of the advertistment board in the park.

I felt so much closer to home now.
Oh ya btw, thank for the cramp seat on for the 8 hours flight journey en route to Gold Coast.

The first stop.

Snake show.



Eh sorry.

Should be this one.


They talked about snakes, about their venoms, and heck, even let the visitors to pose with the snakes.

Although i scared like sh*t, i still managed to hold my nerves and took a photos with the snakes around my neck.

But thanks to my photographer for that day, the quality of the photo was just so....


The evidence to my man-hood-ness.


(Just because got pretty girl around, that's why i have no choice but to show that i got balls)

Then, the crocodile introductory show.



Too bad, the place was so crowded with people that i only managed to take the pictures of the presenter only.

But that's not important.

All of us have seen a crocodile before, at least once in real life. Malaysia also got ma...

But how many of you dare to say you have wrestled a crocodile before?

I bet none of you.

But i did. I really did.

I swear to god.



Nah, there you go.

But the climax of the whole visit was not the snake, not the crocodile, also not the pretty girl.

This is it.


Mission accomplished.

I felt like i could go back to Malaysia anytime by now.

I was warned before hand not to pat the kangaroos on their head. I don't know why. Maybe if i started to pat their head, they will start to kick my ass.

Anyone who have watched the Animal Planet show on Astro would know that Kangaroo has a pair of very powerful leg, that could kick your a** and send you into the moon.

So i better not try that.

The Koalas.


Since the photography session hugging a Koala would cost AUD 20++ per person, this is the best shot i could get.

Thanks to the 3.16 exchange rate. FML.

My second koala bear.


Everyone say hi to Renny:)

(Don't even ask, of course she is my girlfriend, tak kan my mum?).

Well, my job here is not to tell you each and every details of this visit.

Because i really believe that you should go and experience it yourself.



That's all for now for the Wildlife Currumbin Sanctuary.

From the man who have just wrestled the crocs. (I shouldn't be alive).



 

No comments:

Post a Comment