Monday, January 31, 2011

Great Day

Happy Chinese New Year everyone.

I used to consider myself as a very "independant" guy, who left the family as young as 12 yrs old to study in a secondary school, then a university, ended up working in KL.

For people like me, sometimes we do not feel the "adrenaline" for CNY anymore. The fire-crackers, the get-together dinner, ang-pows, mandarin oranges, red undies, everything.

So, sometimes we tend to utilize the holiday to go somewhere else, either with a non-chinese friends, or just relaxing back at home listening to those CNY-themed music.

However, things changed when i stumbled upon a CNY movies this year, "Great day" which features the myfm and astro's family of host and artistes.

Looking at the trailers, it makes me realized that for "a guy like me" at a certain age we need to leave all our work behind and thinking about meeting your parents more often than before.

I was even considering spending the new year this year at home, alone.

Like the little girl in the movie used to say. "How many more CNY can i get to see grandpa?"

"80+1+1+1....."

Sod it. Click. On to the Air Asia website. Not even bothered with the price they are offering.

I am on my way to Clark, Phillipines, this year, to meet my parents, my siblings, and all my cousins!!!

This year gonna be a great great year.

"Qing tian huo yu tian, tian tian dou shi hao tian" - Be it sunny day or rainy day, everyday will be a great day. - Quote from the movie "Great Day"

No comments:

Post a Comment