Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Medical Examination for Offshore Travelling

When i was told by my superior that i might need to travel oversea for a job, i was excited. It is for the fact that this time around, it is not one of the normal oversea travel i used to get ever since i started working.

I am going on board of a vessel in the middle of the ocean!

I was told that in order to get there, 3 modes of transportation will be needed.

1. By airplane
2. By car
3. By Helicopter~!

Yes, it will be the first time i will be travelling in a helicopter!

And for the fact that the place i will be visiting will be off-the-shore, i need to pass two exams:

1. Medical evaluation by qualified medical practitioner. (Appointed medical center only)
2. Passing the BOSET-R training (c/w HUET-Helicopter Underwater Escape Training)

Since tommorrow will be my last day on the (2) training, i will tell you about it in the next posting.

To be frank, i hate the idea of people "poking" something into my body. That is the main reason why everytime i stepped into the medical exams room, my face will turned pale.
(Yeah, WTH, i hate needles)

A lot of question got in to my mind "What if..what if.." at that time. To make my day even worse, the nurse got more nervous than me (Beginner level) that she had to poke both my hand to suck my blood as she couldnt find the right vein. (While i am closed to fainting).

When my friend told me how detailed the medical check up was, i thought it was a joke. But, i realize it immediately that it was so detailed that even my most "private place" was "checked if it was ok" by the male doctor.

Suddenly i felt so gay. Letting out my "bird" to a guy to let him "see" didnt really get on too well with me indeed.

Only at the end of the day i found out that the doctor has actually missed out (i am not sure whether this is mandatory, it was listed as one of the criteria on the medical report) one check, that is the ANAL & RECTUM~!!!

Thank god.

End of the day, i was declared:


FIT~!
Apart from some mild hearing lost with my left ear (I suspect it is the shit), everything is clear.
EVen my blood test results show normal reading apart from a little bit of cholestrol concern.


My X-RAY: According to doctor, VERY CLEAR AND FIT. VERY BEAUTIFUL SUMMORE!
(I wonder if this term will be allowed during his medical school day)


So, it means i am all clear for the BOSET (Basic Offshore Survival) training programme.
Pray to god, they will not called me and ask:
" Eh, Mr. Wong, we forget one more test la~!!!"
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment