Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My Ritual

Trust me when I say this.

One of the most exciting thing about travelling, be it for leisure or business, start right away before the journey itself.



For me, it has always been one of my ritual that before every journey, I will start looking into the following website. Sometimes as early as a month before.

1. Agoda.com
2. Trip Advisor
3. Malaysian Airline and Air Asia etc. (Depending on which country I am heading to).
4. Google maps.

This are the four MAIN website that served me so well over the past 7 or 8 years.

Agoda? For the cheap rate offered. As for Trip advisor, believe it or not, I only use it to look at the "Traveller's photo" especially on the hotel room condition.

Believe me, sometimes what you see may not be what you get. Hoteliers around the world spends hundred of thousands to employ the professional photographer to make their hotel look good, hard to refuse type.

What you get in the website may look like this.


And you ended up getting this. (If you are lucky).


Or if you are not.


If that is the case I would rather do the "homeless" way.


Call me a spoilt child, but I always believe that during travelling, at the end of the day what you need would be a good rest, rather than chasing around for cockroaches in your hotel room.

Apart from the accommodation, one of the fun part would be choosing the airline to fly with.

All this while, this is my priority list.

1. Malaysia Airlines.
2. Emirates.
3. Cathay Pacific.
4. Air Asia.

But ever since the completion of KLIA2, it has become:

1. Air Asia
2. Air Asia
3. Air Asia
4. Air Asia

(Yes, THE AIRPORT is IMPORTANT for me)

If only Tony Fernandes read this, I am sure he will be so proud that give me and my dog the premium flatbed seat for free.


That's his face saying "Yeah right, **** off.."

The third thing, the google maps, is important for me too.

I always plan ahead. (If i want to).

Let say I need to meet 5 clients in that week, I will try to choose the most centralized area for my hotel location. (And trust me, you don't want to make the wrong choice in a big city like Beijing).

Basically that is the main 3 things for me before travelling, my ritual before every travel.

Oh yes, time to restart my ritual again. For this month!

Adios!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment