Sunday, November 10, 2013

Interview.

"Dear Sir, we are pleased to inform that you have passed your phone screening interview session with us, and would like to invite you for a face to face interview on the 8th November 2013 in Miri, Sarawak. Kindly confirm you availability...."

About a week ago I had received the abovementioned email from Shell.

To be honest I thought I have screwed up my phone screening interview with the company as it has been almost one and a half month since.

Nevertheless, since I will be in Sarawak anyway, I and the airfare was borne by the company I don't think I have any reason to decline that interview.

Due to some personal reason, I need to stay in Miri for a couple more days before the interview, alone.

 
 
I chose to stay at Park Everly hotel, Miri. The view from the room was quite adorable as it is facing the sea.
 
During the stay, it is an absolute bliss that I have all the time in the world to study for that upcoming interview.
 
Many of you would ask "Har? Interview need to study one mer??"
 
For those of your who have not attended face to face interview with Shell, their 3-hours interview consist of two parts.
 
The "Technical" Interview.
 
To make sure that you are really technically sounds in what you are doing.
 


The "Behavior" Interview.

To ensure that you are not retarded in some ways.



Jokes aside, behavioral interviews are based on the premise that a person's past performance on the job is the best predictor of future performance.

When a company uses behavioral interviewing they want to know how you act and react in certain circumstances.

They also want you to give specific "real life" examples of how you behaved in situations relating to the questions.

Questions like:

Did you ever make a risky decision? Why? How did you handle it? Give an example?

Have you had to convince a team to work on a project they weren't thrilled about? How did you do it?

During the course of the interview, I was quite surprise at the level of confidence I had, taking into account that I was almost out from the project engineering career for almost half a year.

I was having so much confidence that I literally think I could ...



After the 3 grueling hours, i left their office with my head held high. Not because i was guaranteed a place, but knowing that i have already done my level best, exceeding my own expectation.

The result will be out in one or two weeks time, until then, stay tuned for the outcome together with me!



 

1 comment:

  1. My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name:
    Middle name:
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete