Monday, January 14, 2013

It is my First Time

From my point of view, chinese style wedding ceremony = Loud and noisy.

In chinese tradition, when you get married to somebody you are supposed to "fetch" your bride from her home, to the new home that both will spend their rest of their life in it.

In other words that us, the chinese people always use, "to kidnap/rob your bride".

My recent uni-friend had just tied the knot with his girlfriend recently. 6 months before, he has invited all his buddies, including me to be part of the "heng dai/brothers" team for the "kidnapping" event.

Well it is definitely my first time.

It is not because i am an ars*hol*. It is just that whenever my buddies got married, i would always "missing in action" for some reasons, sick, outstation, missed my alarm clock, whatever.

I used to get a lot of sticks for this, and my bunch of close friends even threatened that they would boycott my wedding in the future if this continues to happen.

So this time i vowed to myself that i will definitely turn up this time, no matter what. I was so excited that i woke up so early and arrived his place at 6.30 am (3 hours of sleep the previous night), only to find out that i am the first to arrive with no other friends in sight.

Normally there would be one old nanny who will be the "leader", organizing everything from what you should put on your car, what time leaving from house, what to do and when to do it kind of stuffs.

Based on her instructions, there we go!

When reached the bride's home, we are supposed to pressed our honk as loudly and frequently as possible. Mind you this would be the only day in your life you won't get killed for doing that.

After parked our car, we saw the "sisters" were waiting for us. Well, i am not too aware or anxious of what would happened to us. I am more interested in checking out which "sister" is hot. (LOL).

Anyway, what happened next is history.

But i am lucky in the sense that i only have to went through "eating the bananas + wasabi from another male's body"and honestly that's fine with me.

Some of my friends have to endured the pain of getting their body hair waxed off. God blessed them.

But if that means what we gonna went through so long that our brother can get his bride, the pain was all worth it.

At the end of the day, my buddy got his bride and since the wedding dinner would be held at night, we headed home to have a rest.

This can be tiring, but fun at the same time.

Well, that's my first time.

So who's next?



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment